Connect with us

News

Davido Is Our Son, Edo Open To Hosting Him- Edo Govt Denies Ban Claim

The Edo State Government has denied reports that Nigerian singer Davido was banned from entering the state, describing the claim as false and the work of impostors.

In a statement on Friday, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Prince Kassim Afegbua, said the government dissociated itself from what he called “spiteful behaviour” by enemies of the state.

“Our enemies are at it again; we did not ban Davido from entering Edo state. The proclaimer of that ban is an enemy of Edo State; an impostor, and a fraud,” Afegbua said.

He stated that Edo was home to all, regardless of belief, political persuasion or affiliation. He added that the state would be willing to collaborate with Davido if he intends to perform in the state in future.

“Governor Okpebholo is very well balanced at home with various demographics and their leanings. Davido is one of our illustrious sons, whose mother hails from Edo state; he’s exemplary, and we are pleased to associate with him,” the commissioner said.

“Should he wish to visit Edo state, we would happily host and fete him.”

Afegbua noted that whatever transpired in Osun State during last week’s election was purely politics and nothing personal.

He described Davido as one of Nigeria’s global ambassadors who continues to build bridges across socio-political divides, and expressed hope that the singer would win a Grammy award.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *