Connect with us

News

Fiery Islamic Cleric Bombs Buhari

Fiery Islamic Cleric

Fiery Islamic cleric bombs Buhari again, says praying for this govt useless

The Chief Imam of Apo Legislative Quarters Juma’at Mosque, Abuja, Sheikh Muhammad Khalid, has lambasted President Muhammadu Buhari yet again, over the increasing insecurity in the country.

Sheikh Khalid who has suddenly become one of Buhari’s staunchest critics in recent times, in a sermon on Friday, accused the President of not living up to the expectations of Nigerians who voted overwhelmingly for him in 2015 and 2019.

In the video, the Sheikh compared the state of insecurity in the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan and that of Buhari, scoring the incumbent very low.

He added that he has stopped praying for the success of the present administration as doing so has become a waste of time since nothing seems to change.

“My religion charges me to be just and I have to. If I said things like this during the Goodluck Jonathan administration and I don’t want to say it now because I share the same religion and ethnic inclination with the president, then I am a hypocrite,” he said in the video.

Continuing, the cleric who had earlier asked Buhari to return Nigeria to how he met it, said:

“In Nigeria, we are actually playing with fire, the killings in the country are taking the shape of genocide and that is why people are dying on daily basis.

“More people are being killed in this regime than Goodluck Jonathan’s regime. This regime has been telling lies that there’s an improvement in the area of security.

“Where is the improvement when our children can not go to school in some parts of the country and some states are under the control of bandits?

“During Jonathan, it was only a few states that were under the control of Boko Haram, now, tell me, how many states are safe in the country?

“Then (during the Jonathan era), it was only a few states that were under the control of Boko Haram.

“Now, tell me, how many states are safe in the country? Even his (Buhari’s) state, Katsina is not being spared.

“Kankara Local Government Area is in his state. In Zamfara State, there are about five local governments that have become no-go areas.

“There are some places you can’t go without an escort in Borno State. Other regions are also contending with one form of insecurity or the other.

“If it is not bandits, then unknown gunmen are wreaking havoc. It (insecurity) is worse under him (Buhari), let us tell him the truth. If he cannot improve, let him take us back to how it was in 2015.

“Before he assumed office, bandits were not operating the way they are now. How many schools were attacked and how many schoolchildren were abducted during the last administration?

“Look at how we shouted when the Chibok girls were abducted. How many have we witnessed under Buhari and we are not telling him to bring back our schoolchildren and put an end to this scourge?

“Can you tell somebody in Kaduna, Zamfara and others that there is an improvement?

“A lawmaker in Katsina State said for the fear of being attacked, he cannot go to his constituency; and he is not the only one.

“Many of these people have no peace of mind and you call that an improvement?

“Yes, some people will disagree with me because they have two passports, they have where to run to if things completely get out of hand; they are not being sincere.

“We have stopped praying for Buhari as we have not seen any result,” he said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ondo Govt reacts to court judgement declaring new LCDAs ‘illegal’

The Ondo State Government says necessary legal action will be taken on the judgement nullifying the creation of the 33 Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) in the state.

The government’s reaction is contained in a statement by the Attorney General of Ondo State, Mr Kayode Ajulo SAN, made available to  newsmen on Friday in Akure.

Justice A.O Adebusuoye of the state High Court had in a judgement on Thursday described the creation of the LCDAs as unlawful.

The court said it was illegal for a governor to sign a law outside the State.

The court said that the Local Government Creation Law 2023 signed by the late Governor Rotimi Akeredolu in Ibadan was unconstitutional, illegal, null and void.

The statement said the government has taken cognizance of Ondo State High Court’s judgement and had requested for a Certified True Copy of it.

Ajulo said after it was studied and analysed, a legal opinion would be presented to the state government.

“Subsequently, all necessary measures, in accordance with our laws, will be taken to safeguard the interests of our citizens, foster peaceful coexistence, and uphold the rule of law.

“The Attorney General remains steadfast in his commitment to prioritizing the well-being and welfare of our citizens, working tirelessly to ensure that justice and the law are served,” the statement said.

Continue Reading

News

LASTMA impounds 40 vehicles in Oyingbo, ijora, idumota axis

The  Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has impounded another 25 commercial and 15 private vehicles operating illegal garages and causing serious road obstructions around Oyingbo, Ijora, and Idumota areas of  Lagos.

Mr Taofiq Adebayo, Director, Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department of LASTMA, said this in a statement on Friday in Lagos.

Adebayo said impounding the vehicles at these areas was a decisive move by LASTMA to restore order and ensure the free flow of traffic.

He said the operation was led by LASTMA Head of Enforcement, Mr Kayode Odunuga, under the directives of the Special Adviser to the Governor on Transportation, Mr Sola Giwa.

Adebayo that they were specifically directed to target illegal garages that had been a persistent source of congestion and inconvenience for residents and commuters.

He said the impoundment, which began in recent weeks, was part of a broader initiative by the  Lagos State Government to enhance the efficiency of the city’s transportation network.

He quoted Giwa as emphasising that government is committed to maintaining law and order on the roads, ensuring that all traffic regulations are strictly enforced.

“illegal garages have been a significant challenge in our quest to maintain a seamless traffic flow in Lagos.

“These impoundments send a strong message to all offenders that the state will not tolerate activities that disrupt public order and endanger the lives of our citizens.

“Our goal is to create a safe and orderly environment for all road users and this action is a crucial step in that direction,” Giwa said.

He noted that the targeted areas, Oyingbo, Ijora, and Idumota, are known hotspots for traffic congestion due to unauthorised parking and the establishment of makeshift garages.

He said that these activities not only obstruct the free movement of vehicles but also pose safety risks to pedestrians.

“LASTMA’s intervention aims to clear these bottlenecks and enhance the overall traffic situation in these critical areas.

“Residents and business owners have expressed their support for the government’s action, noting the positive impact it will have on their daily activities.

“LASTMA has also assured the public that the operation will be sustained and extended to other parts of the city where illegal garages and related activities are prevalent,” he quoted Giwa as saying.

He urged all vehicle owners and operators to adhere to the state’s traffic regulations and cooperate with authorities to avoid sanctions.

He reiterated that the government’s primary objective was to create a better and more livable Lagos for everyone.

He also urged motorists to take ownership of the roads and to promptly inform LASTMA of any broken down or abandoned trailers or trucks via the Agency’s hotlines: 0810056586008129928503.

Continue Reading

News

Emir of Ilorin commiserates with Saraki over mother’s death

Nigeria in very bad shape, only PDP can rebuild it —Saraki

Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has commiserated with a former Senate President,  Dr Bukola Saraki, over the death of his mother, Mrs Florence Saraki.

This is contained in a condolence message issued by the emir’s Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, on Wednesday in Ilorin.

Mrs Saraki died on Tuesday at the age of 89.

Sulu-Gambari described the deceased as a wonderful mother, great philanthropist and virtuous wife to  Dr Olusola Saraki, the late Waziri of Ilorin, whose contributions to humanity would forever be remembered.

According to him, the deceased lived a fulfilled life, with numerous accomplishments.

The royal father urged Saraki, a two-term governor of Kwara, and his siblings to be strong in heart over the demise of their beloved mother.

Sulu-Gambari, who is also the Chairman of Kwara Traditional Rulers’ Council, extended his condolences to both the immediate and extended family members of the Saraki dynasty.

“I pray that Almighty Allah grants the family and friends the fortitude to bear the great loss,” he said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending