Connect with us

Sports

NBA Coach Ime Udoka Faces Disciplinary Action For Relationship With Female Celtics Staff

NBA Coach Ime Udoka Faces Disciplinary Action For Relationship With Female Celtics Staff

The coach of Bolton Celtics Ime Udoka is currently facing disciplinary action for his involvement in a consensual, intimate relationship with a woman who is a member of staff of the Boston Celtics

The act is expected to include a significant suspension as the Head Coach of the Boston Celtics.

According to ESPN, their sources revealed this information to them on Wednesday.

“The relationship was considered a violation of the organization’s guidelines, and a decision on the length of that suspension is expected to come as soon as Thursday”

“While no final decision has been made, internal discussions have included scenarios that would keep Udoka out for the entirety of the 2022-23 season,” sources said.

 

Ime Udoka who is a Nigerian-American professional basketball coach and a former basketball player for the Nigerian National team is engaged to the multiple award winning actress Nia Long, they have one child together.

“It isn’t believed that Udoka’s job is in jeopardy, Joe Mazzulla would likely be in serious consideration for an interim role,”  sources told ESPN.

Udoka replaced Brad Stevens as the Coach of the Celtics in June 2021, he also became the first rookie coach to win multiple Games in his first post-season according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

A former D’Tigers forward, Ime Udoka, oversaw Boston Celtics’ qualification to the NBA finals for the first time in 12 years in a spectacular fashion. He is the 18th head coach in the Celtics franchise’s history and the first Nigerian head coach in the history of the NBA.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

five × 4 =

Sports

Qatar 2022: Spain Sacks Manager, Enrique After Quarter Final Ouster

Spain sacked coach Luis Enrique on Thursday after the 2010 champions were dumped out of the World Cup by Morocco at the last-16 stage earlier this week.

“Both the president, Luis Rubiales, and the sporting director, Jose Francisco Molina, have told the coach their decision,” the Spanish FA said in a statement.

The federation said they wanted to thank Luis Enrique and his staff for their work, but had decided to start a “new project”.

“The sporting direction of the RFEF has given the president a report, in which it was determined that a new project should start for the national team, with the objective of continuing the growth achieved in the last few years thanks to Luis Enrique and his colleagues,” added the RFEF.

Spain hammered Costa Rica 7-0 in their opening game in Qatar but suffered a shock defeat by Japan that resulted in a second-place finish in Group E.

Spain were strong favourites to beat Morocco in the first knockout round but lost 3-0 on penalties after the game finished 0-0 following extra time.

“We dominated the game but we lacked a goal,” lamented Luis Enrique after the game.

“We could have been more effective in the final third, but I am more than satisfied with what my players did.

“They represented perfectly what my idea of football is.”

Spain last lifted a major trophy a decade ago at Euro 2012, while they have not won a single knockout game at the World Cup since triumphing in South Africa in 2010.

Luis Enrique took over in 2018 after Spain’s disappointing Russian World Cup showing, and led La Roja to the semi-finals of Euro 2020, where they were also beaten on penalties by Italy.

(AFP)

Continue Reading

Sports

A Final Farewell: Hazard Retires From International Football

Real Madrid star, Eden Hazard has retired from international duty.

The Belgium forward made the decision after his nation’s exit from the World Cup at the group stage.

Belgium finished third in Group F, beating Canada in their opening game before losing to Morocco and then drawing with Croatia.

Hazard, 31, played in all three games but did not score for his country.

Hazard expressed gratitude to all his teammates and coaches, adding that “the succession is ready. I will miss you”.

Hazard played his peak years at Chelsea football club, leading the club to several honours before joining Real Madrid in a Multimillion deal.

However, an injury-plagued career at the Spanish giants, coupled with limited playing time has forced him to the rear of the limelight over the past three seasons.

Continue Reading

Sports

Qatar 2023: “I Was Provoked” Samuel Etoo Apologizes For Assaulting Algerian Fan

Samuel Eto’o Fills,  President of the Cameroon Football Federation, has apologised for physically assaulting a man at the World Cup on Monday.

In a statement on his Twitter handle on Tuesday, Eto’o said he was provoked by a fan who was “probably” an Algeria supporter as part of an ongoing harassment following Cameroon’s qualifying win over Algeria in March.

Part of his apology read, “After the Brazil-South Korea match, I had a violent altercation with a person who was probably an Algerian supporter.

“I would like to apologise for losing my temper and reacting in a way that does not match my personality. I apologise to the public for this unfortunate incident.”

Algeria filed a complaint over the performance of the referee in the qualifying play-off in Blida on March 28, in which Cameroon’s Karl Toko Ekambi scored the winner with the last kick of the match.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending