Connect with us

Entertainment

Johnny Depp Granted Permission to Determine If Amber Heard Donated Divorce Settlement

A New York judge has ruled in favor of Johnny Depp’s request to determine whether ex-wife Amber Heard followed through with donating part of her divorce settlement to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).

The actress, 35, previously pledged to donate her $7 million settlement to both the ACLU and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles shortly after the pair’s divorce was finalized in 2017. According to the court papers, filed by Depp and his lawyers in New York and obtained by PEOPLE this past May, they have been asking both organizations to share how much Heard has donated.

USA Today reports that a judge in New York has granted Depp, 58, permission to determine whether the Aquaman actress donated to the ACLU. The organization has been asked to release documents to confirm.

“Mr. Depp is most gratified by the Court’s decision,”the Sweeney Todd actor’s attorney, Benjamin Chew, told the outlet in a statement.

In a July 22 hearing transcript provided to PEOPLE by Heard’s attorney Elaine Bredehoft, Bredehoft said her client is still planning to donate one half of her total settlement to the ACLU and the other half to CHLA — and while “it is undetermined what those payment schedules will be,” Heard has already made “the first payment toward the pledges” and then some — specifically, “more than a million” each to the ACLU and CHLA.

READ ALSO: Falana Urges African Nations To Revamp Health Sector In Wake Of COVID-19 Pandemic

“We produced the documents from the ACLU on how much she has. She has always said she fully intends to continue to give the full $7 million, but she can’t do it yet. She will do it when she can. But she has given a significant amount to both,” Bredehoft added of Heard, in part.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human-interest stories.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sammie Okposo For Burial December 15

The funeral arrangements for gospel singer, Sammie Okposo, have been released by his family.

The singer died in November 25 aged 51.

The family stated that a tribute night will be held for him on Tuesday, December 13 in Lagos State, followed by a service of songs on Wednesday.

The funeral service for Okposo will take place on December 15 and will be private affair.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Defend Your Votes At Polling Units- Charly Boy Urges Youths

Nigerian singer/songwriter, Charles Chukwuemeka Oputa, popularly known as Charly Boy, has called on the youths across the country to protect their votes at their polling units during the 2023 general elections.

Charly Boy, who made the call in an interview on the sideline of the ‘YellOut 4 Good Governance in Nigeria’ event on Friday in Abuja, said the ‘YellOut’ programme was a reawakening of the great Nigerian youths, adding that he is very happy and proud of the youths in the country.

“I have told them that the salvation of any country lies in the hands of the exceptional people; these people are the great Nigerian youths.

“They already know their rights, but my call to them is that they should stand and defend those right at the polling boots.

“However, the opposition wants to do it, I know that the boys are ready to give them back what they get. I don’t have chills in that area; all I can do is wish them well and pray for their safety.

“Nigeria is getting dangerous for my liking, and because of years of disunity and inaction, there are some sacrifices that need to be made and we are going to make these sacrifice,” Charly Boy said.

On the killing of Labour Party Woman Leader in Kaduna, Charly Boy said the old regime think they could still play by their own playbook.

According to the 72-year-old Port Harcourt-born actor and television presenter, the old regime don’t realise the revolution that is happening right now before their eyes, adding that they are in denial.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Burna Boy Wins Big At 2022 MOBO Awards

Famous Nigerian singer and record producer, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, popularly known as Burna Boy, has won two categories of the 2022 Music Of Black Origin (MOBO) awards.

The two categories awards were the Best International Act and the Best African Act.

The award event, which recognises the best black music, was held on Wednesday in London, at Wembley Arena.

The singer was nominated in the Best International Act category alongside Chris Brown, Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar, Jack Harlow, Drake, Summer Walker and Nigerian fast-rising global act, Tems.

Burna also won the Best African Act, beating Asake, Rema, Fireboy, and Omah Lay.

This brings the singer’s MOBO award wins to a total of three following his 2021 win as the Best International Act.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending