Connect with us

Sports

“You Have Failed”, Supporters Club Blasts NFF Board

Nigeria Football Supporters Club (NFSC) has flayed the outgoing Amaju Pinnick- led board of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) , describing it as a huge failure to Nigerian football.

President-General of NFSC, Dr. Rafiu Ladipo, who spoke yesterday at a world press conference in Lagos ahead of the coming NFF election slated to hold on September 30 in Benin Edo State capital, noted that the outgoing board lacked vision, hence succeeded in causing a whole lot of confusion among football stakeholders in the country.

Dr. Ladipo emphasised that since the outgoing board of the NFF led by Pinnick has disappointed Nigerians with their administration of football in the country, those of them seeking reelection in the coming board must convince Nigerians why they should be given another chance to return to the board.

“All the present board members were part of the problem of the decline of Nigerian football and don’t deserve a place in the coming NFF board. I want to charge those who will vote in the coming NFF election should it hold on September 30 must ensure that only those who have what it takes to move Nigerian football to the next level are voted for and not those who have failed the nation in the past,” Ladipo said

The NFSC President-General also accused the outgoing board of being disrespectful to members of the supporters club, despite them sacrificing their lives for the successes of the various national teams and he went ahead to blame him for the divisions in the club which has now split into seven to eight groups.

“Football in Nigeria belongs to all of us and not just for the 15 board members of NFF. I’m happy to say that the supporters club has contributed immensely to see that our football grows since 67 years.

“The success story of Nigerian football cannot be said without the NFSC. We’re not just there to say but to motivate and encourage our players to win matches even when we’re fasting.

“We’ve worked with several NFF boards, the likes of Sunday Dankaro, Yusuf Alli, Col Okochieme, Ikhazabor, Omerua, Galadima, Sanni Abdullahi Lulu, Maigari, Amos Adamu, Tijjani Yusuf, Taiwo Ogunjobi, Bolaji Ojoaba and all of them we’ve worked with them.

“Not as if we’ve been collecting money from them, we don’t collect the money from NFF, we spend our own money, we source for funds that take us to every part of the world and the team wins and when the team wins little mention is always placed on the part of the supporters club.

“We’re the ones behind the success of the national teams but there came a board, the present board that is outgoing came to defile, destroy what we’ve put in place for 67 years, What the Federation of International Football Association had come to appreciate, adjudging us to be the best in the whole world.

“What CAF has come severally to say we’re the best in the whole of Africa, the present board did not see anything good in what we’ve been doing, rather than encourage us, they came to divide us and destroy all the good job we’ve been doing,” he said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

one × three =

Sports

Qatar 2022: Spain Sacks Manager, Enrique After Quarter Final Ouster

Spain sacked coach Luis Enrique on Thursday after the 2010 champions were dumped out of the World Cup by Morocco at the last-16 stage earlier this week.

“Both the president, Luis Rubiales, and the sporting director, Jose Francisco Molina, have told the coach their decision,” the Spanish FA said in a statement.

The federation said they wanted to thank Luis Enrique and his staff for their work, but had decided to start a “new project”.

“The sporting direction of the RFEF has given the president a report, in which it was determined that a new project should start for the national team, with the objective of continuing the growth achieved in the last few years thanks to Luis Enrique and his colleagues,” added the RFEF.

Spain hammered Costa Rica 7-0 in their opening game in Qatar but suffered a shock defeat by Japan that resulted in a second-place finish in Group E.

Spain were strong favourites to beat Morocco in the first knockout round but lost 3-0 on penalties after the game finished 0-0 following extra time.

“We dominated the game but we lacked a goal,” lamented Luis Enrique after the game.

“We could have been more effective in the final third, but I am more than satisfied with what my players did.

“They represented perfectly what my idea of football is.”

Spain last lifted a major trophy a decade ago at Euro 2012, while they have not won a single knockout game at the World Cup since triumphing in South Africa in 2010.

Luis Enrique took over in 2018 after Spain’s disappointing Russian World Cup showing, and led La Roja to the semi-finals of Euro 2020, where they were also beaten on penalties by Italy.

(AFP)

Continue Reading

Sports

A Final Farewell: Hazard Retires From International Football

Real Madrid star, Eden Hazard has retired from international duty.

The Belgium forward made the decision after his nation’s exit from the World Cup at the group stage.

Belgium finished third in Group F, beating Canada in their opening game before losing to Morocco and then drawing with Croatia.

Hazard, 31, played in all three games but did not score for his country.

Hazard expressed gratitude to all his teammates and coaches, adding that “the succession is ready. I will miss you”.

Hazard played his peak years at Chelsea football club, leading the club to several honours before joining Real Madrid in a Multimillion deal.

However, an injury-plagued career at the Spanish giants, coupled with limited playing time has forced him to the rear of the limelight over the past three seasons.

Continue Reading

Sports

Qatar 2023: “I Was Provoked” Samuel Etoo Apologizes For Assaulting Algerian Fan

Samuel Eto’o Fills,  President of the Cameroon Football Federation, has apologised for physically assaulting a man at the World Cup on Monday.

In a statement on his Twitter handle on Tuesday, Eto’o said he was provoked by a fan who was “probably” an Algeria supporter as part of an ongoing harassment following Cameroon’s qualifying win over Algeria in March.

Part of his apology read, “After the Brazil-South Korea match, I had a violent altercation with a person who was probably an Algerian supporter.

“I would like to apologise for losing my temper and reacting in a way that does not match my personality. I apologise to the public for this unfortunate incident.”

Algeria filed a complaint over the performance of the referee in the qualifying play-off in Blida on March 28, in which Cameroon’s Karl Toko Ekambi scored the winner with the last kick of the match.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending